If you're having Bluetooth connectivity issues, usually receiving the error message "There is no Bluetooth connection", and need to reconnect or re-pair your OdysseyLink follow the guide below. Unfortunately, as with speakers and headphones, systems can occasionally lose track of one another and may need to be connected again. Should this happen now and again, there is nothing to be concerned about. If you need to do this every few days, please contact us for assistance so we can work out which part of the system isn't working correctly and rectify this.
Firstly, ensure you're using the most current application version. As vulnerabilities and stability issues are found and fixed the apps will be updated. This is done through the Play Store for Tablet and Android phones and the App Store for iOS devices.
Please note that if you need to reinstall the app onto the Odyssey Tablet, you will need to get "BMPRO Odyssey (tablet)".
If you are signing into the device for the first time, ensure you set it up as a New Device. If you have 2 factor authentication active, you will need to have the tablet and your other device connected to the same network.
BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO RESET THE CONNECTION:
Restart the tablet using the reset point on the top left side of the Odyssey Screen. Insert a pin and press and hold to restart the tablet. Should this not work, proceed with the full reset below. There are two holes, inline, that you need to pass through. If you do not feel the button depress when you push, try to find the second hole. If you have trouble with this, remove the trapezoidal cover plate and insert the pin directly into the reset switch point. You will get an small grey option point on the right of the tablet asking if you want to "Power off" or "Restart". Select "Restart".
Resetting the Application:
- Go to the Tablet's home screen by swiping up and pressing the circle button at the very bottom of the screen, in the middle of the navigation bar.
- Select the Square button on the right of the navigation bar.
- Select "CLEAR ALL" on the top right of the menu that appears.
- Enter the Tablet's settings menu, a dark teal icon with a cog in it ().
- Scroll down to and select "Apps and Notifications".
- Select "Odyssey".
- Select "Storage".
- Select "Clear Data" and confirm by selecting "OK".
- Press the "Back" Triangle button on the bottom left of the navigation bar to go back to the settings menu.
- Scroll down and select "Security & location".
- Scroll down and select "Location".
- Toggle Location off and on again.
- Press the "Home" Circle button on the Navigation bar to return to the Home Screen.
- Open Odyssey App.
- Grant permissions for location and Bluetooth if prompted.
- Select Scan. If no option for Scan pops up, go to the settings in the top right and choose to scan from there.
- Press the black pairing button on the left side of the OdysseyLink 103 or 104 and wait for the status light to flash green.
- Select the OdysseyLink unit shown on the tablet once it finds it to finish pairing.
- Wait for the system to finish pairing to test.
Resetting the OdysseyLink:
The OdysseyLink101 and OdysseyLink103 have a limited number of times they can connect to apps for display. This does not affect their connection to the SmartSense, SmartPressure or SmartTemp devices; many of each can be connected without concern.
After resetting the OdysseyLink, ALL displays will be forgotten and will need to be repaired by scanning on the device before using the Pairing Button on the OdysseyLink.
Only reset the OdysseyLink after following the App reset without success or if you have added more than 4 displays (Phones or additional Tablets).
- Press and hold the Pairing button for approximately 20 seconds.
- When the status light flickers red, release the button.
- Re-pair your devices as described above.