If you've added more batteries up upgraded their size/type, you will need to change the settings in your display. This will keep your battery level indicators accurate and, on some Battery Management Systems, upgrade the bulk charge times to ensure the larger batteries are charged correctly.
This may also need to be done if the settings have been lost due to a Factory Reset or Full Clear of the system's memory. Failure to set this correctly can lead to the system losing track of the battery level. This can be to the point that it may show you empty when the batteries have plenty of charge remaining or, once it's lost track, it can show full when the batteries are close to empty.
Changing a Trek Display.
- Press and Hold the "House" button down for at least 5 seconds. The display should show "Setup".
- When in setup mode, take a moment to note the new functions the 4 buttons have. This is displayed on the LCD next to them. They are Enter (Battery), Back (House), Up (Light) and Down (Droplet). While in Setup mode, this is the new function of these buttons.
- Press the Up (Light) button 3 times. The display should show "Bat Cap".
- Press the Enter (Battery) button. The capacity setting (in numbers) should begin to blink.
- While the numbers are blinking, press the Up (Light) and Down (Droplet) buttons to adjust the display until it shows the total capacity of your system.
- Once the correct figure is displayed, press the Enter (House) button. The display should stop blinking.
- Either press the Back (house) button until the screen returns to the start or wait 15 seconds.
Changing an Odyssey application.
Note that the Oddysey needs only one connected device to upgrade this setting. All other devices will show the updated figure when they next finish a sync.
- On the top right side of the application, press the settings icon. This should be a white gear. Press this to enter the settings menu.
- Scroll down until you get to the "Battery Capacity" setting. This is between "External Shunt" and "Customize View"
- Touch on the figure shown to enable an edit.
- Once the correct figure is showing, select "Done" on the right side of the pop-up menu.
- On the top left side of the application, press the back arrow to exit the settings display.
- Press and hold the centre two buttons (House and Light) until the display does into "Setup" mode.
- Press the "House" button 6 times until option 6 is shown in the temperature space.
- While on option 6, pressing the "Light" button will cycle the parameter setting upwards. Press and hold for fast cycling. if you go too far, hold the button down to cycle through past 999 and start again.
- Once the correct setting is displayed. Wait 15 seconds. The Drifter will save this setting and restart itself.
Note that in all displays, you may need to run a full charge cycle or two in order to reset the displays and for them to recalibrate.
As always, if you have any concerns, contact us by calling on 03 9303 7033, emailing us at email@example.com or using the "help" button on the bottom-right of your screen.