Having connection problems or error codes showing on your CommLink or have a flashing Trek is easier to rectify than it seems at first.
Most of the time, restarting the CommLink by unplugging it for 20-30 seconds is all that's required. Sometimes, re-pairing the CommLink and Bc300 is all that's needed. It is easiest with 2 people but can be done alone if needed.
To completely reboot and repair the system:
- Disconnect the positive fly lead from the battery and leave it off
- Hold the button on the CommLink in until you see a red flash ( This will clear previous pairings). An Orange light will start flashing from the CommLink
- Ensure the customer has everything ready to connect up the fly lead as they have 2 mins
to connect the fly lead up when they push the button on the Commlink in the next step
- If Step 3 has been followed and both people are ready, press the button on the CommLink. The CommLink will flash blue.
- Within 2 mins, reconnect the positive fly lead back to the battery. Once connected the BC300 will also flash blue.
- Pairing can take up to 5 mins. The CommLink will normally flash green first, while BC300 Can be 1-2 mins behind
If both BC300 and CommLink are flashing Green pairing is completed
Note: If the CommLink flashes red, the connection wasn't made and steps 1-6 may need to be re-followed.
If after trying this 2-3 times there is still no connection made, please contact us or BMPRO to arrange a replacement.